Eggs in Blankets
Eggs are such a great and healthy way to start the day. Before I decided to change my diet, bread was a big part of my breakfast and I couldn’t get my head around what you would have with your eggs or with your bacon, because everything should be sandwiched or on toast! Don’t get me wrong I still eat bread from time to time and I’ll have a nice sourdough loaf in the freezer for those occasions but I’ll let you in on a secret you can make a tasty breakfast without toast!!!
So here’s the simple recipe for eggs in blankets. It’s a quick an easy way to cook your eggs and up your protein intake. And you can try this with turkey rashers as well as bacon..
- 6 rashers of bacon
- 3 large eggs
- a pinch of chilli flakes
- a pinch of pepper
- chopped coriander for garnish
- First of all pre-heat the oven to 160C (fan-assisted).
- Then grease a muffin tin with some coconut oil or ghee. Line each part of the muffin tin with one rasher of bacon.
- Now you have 2 options here and it depends on how you like your bacon; I like mine well done so I put the bacon lined muffin tin in the oven for 5 minutes before adding the egg mixture. If you like your bacon just cooked skip straight to step 4
- Beat 3 eggs (1 egg will make 2 portions) and add in some pepper and chilli flakes for flavour
- Pour the egg mixture into your bacon parcels
- Pop in the oven and bake your eggs in blankets for 15 minutes
- Remove the egg and bacon nest from the muffin tin and scatter with coriander to taste.
And there you have it, an easy recipe to make eggs for breakfast without any bread and plenty of flavour! 🙂
Love Roo xx