Now I know I try to follow a Paleo diet most of the time but this recipe was too delicious to not try and I was craving mexican food, so this was the healthiest option available and it is still super healthy!!
- 1.5 cups quinoa
- 2 tins black beans
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 bulb of garlic diced
- 2 green chillies chopped
- 1 jar of tomato / salsa / enchilada sauce of your choice
- 1/2 cup of coriander (I love it so went with quite a lot, but you can reduce or remove)
- I also added some chorizo because I had some left and I didn’t want it going off!
- Preheat your oven to 200C
- Boil some water and add the quinoa, cook the quinoa until there is no water left.
- In the meantime, fry the garlic and chillies, then add in the chicken and chorizo and fry gently until the quinoa is cooked.
- Take a baking dish and spoon in the quinoa and then add the black beans and mix thoroughly.
- Then add the chicken mixture and mix in as well.
- Pour in the salsa mix and stir in and then smooth out in the dish
- Cover it with some foil and cook in the oven for around 20 minutes
- Remove the dish and (if you want to) add some mozzarella cheese to the top and put back in the oven for a further 10 minutes.
With my current coriander obsession I will admit that I added even more coriander on top of the dish before I ate it!! It was scrumptious! And it was very hard to not put on my joggers and eat the whole dish! But this is been portioned out and will see me through a good few lunches at work next week!
Love Roo xx