Last night I invited some of my girlfriends over for an evening of swapping clothes, gossiping and eating! I love that they are willing to be my food eating guineapigs!! My newest trial recipe was stuffed romano peppers, ingredients and method below!
- 4 Romano Peppers
- 140g quinoa
- 1/2 red onion
- baharat spice mix
- 1 tsp mint
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- vegetable stock
- Feta for non paleo version
- 1 handful of fresh chopped coriander
- 1 handful of fresh chopped dill
- pre-heat the oven to 150C
- Boil a pan of water, add the quinoa and reduce to a simmer for about 5 minutes
- Finely chop the onion
- Drain the quinoa and put in a mixing bowl, then add the onions and the spices and mix together (add the feta too if you’re making the non paleo version)
- Make a top to bottom slit in the romano peppers and without splitting open completely deseed them (you want them to be like a jacket)
- Put the chopped tomatoes in a roasting tin, then place the peppers on top
- carefully open each pepper and spoon in the quinoa and spice mixture
- Close each pepper, then pour in the vegetable stock so the peppers are sitting in about 1 – 2 cm off liquid
- Place tin foil over the roasting tin and cook for 1 hour.
- Remove from the oven and enjoy!