I am a HUGE meat eater! I genuinely couldn’t live without it! To curb my meaty cravings I love making this sweet potato quiche with a sausage crust instead of a pastry one
- 500g Sausage meat
- Medium sweet potato cubed
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- handful of spinach
- 3 eggs
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp mixed herbs
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- Preheat oven to 180C
- Get a pie dish and press the sausage meat into the base and up the sides to form your crust, really squish it into place. I used the back of a spoon to really get it against the sides
- Cook the sausage meat for 20 minutes
- Then in a pan, cook your onions and sweet potato
- Once the potatoes start to become tender should be about 5 – 7 minutes add our spinach and cover the pan to let the steam wilt the spinach
- After a couple of minutes remove from the heat and add in the herbs.
- Once the mixture has cooled a bit then add the eggs and stir.
- Once your sausage meat has reached the 20 minute mark, remove from the oven and add in the sweet potato eggy mixture and cook for a further 30 minutes.
I love my quiche hot so I ate it straight from the oven 🙂
Love Roo xx
Must reads» How to Make Raw Chocolate
» Hearty Chorizo, Kidney Bean & Veggie Soup
» Elle True Diet Trial
» Ladies Day Cheltenham Races Outfit
» 1st world problems – my hair is a disaster!