Every now and again I absolutely crave pancakes and won’t be happy until I’ve had some, so here is a yummy pancake recipe to satisfy those cravings! I made mine a with 50 / 50 gluten free flour and coconut flour.
This pancake recipe is really quick and easy to make and even easier to eat! Check it out!
- 1/2 cup gluten free flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup buttermilk or soured cream
- 3 tbsp honey / agave nectar / maple syrup
- Handful of chopped pecans
- In a bowl mix together all of the dry ingredients (excluding the pecans)
- Gradually add in the wet ingredients until the mixture is smooth
- Heat a small frying pan and heat a little bit of coconut oil
- Pour in a small amount of the mixture and wait for it to bubble on the top, then flip it and cook for a few more seconds to brown it off. Repeat!
- Finally you can stick a little bit of butter (if you’re having a treat!) and some honey, maple syrup or agave nectar on the top and then sprinkle the pecans over the top.
- Other topping suggestions are; desicated coconut or coconut flakes, ground cinnamon or nutmeg, a pinch of coconut sugar, or go savoury and add a slice of bacon.
Love Roo xx
Must reads» Metallic Temporary Tattoos
» Pyramid Workout #2
» Healthy Falafel Recipe
» Sweet Potato & Courgette Bake
» Paleo Christmas Dinner