Turkey is a great source of protein and is a healthier option to making beef or pork meatballs and with all the right seasoning it tastes just as delicious!
Here’s how to make a quick and easy, yummy and healthy meal in minutes!
- 1 large pack of minced turkey meat
- 1/2 bulb of garlic diced / sliced thinly
- salt and pepper to taste
- olive oil or melted coconut oil or melted ghee (option is yours)
- Put the turkey mince in a large bowl and mix up a bit so it’s not so stringy
- In a frying pan heat a little oil (ghee or coconut oil) fry the garlic and onion, then add 1 tsp of cumin and 2 tsp of paprika and gently fry to release the flavour. This only takes a couple of minutes
- Transfer the fried mixture into the bowl with the turkey mince, add 1 – 2 tsp of oil to help bind the mixture and mix really well and add some salt and pepper to taste.
- Finally chop up as much coriander as you like and add this into the mixture too
- Preheat the oven to around 180C
- Now here’s the mucky bit! Using your hands start rolling the turkey mince mixture into balls! Line a baking sheet with some tin fill and start lining up your balls.
- Once the oven is up to temperature pop your balls in the middle of the oven and bake for 25 minutes and turn them over half way.
- About 10 minutes before the meatballs are ready to come out of the oven, pop some pasata into a saucepan and heat up on the hob, I like to add a pince of oregano and / or basil or an Italian herb mix.
- Once the meatballs are cooked drizzle the pasata over the top along with some more chopped coriander. Hey presto! Yummy food to eat!
If you want something to go with it, trying making some cauliflower rice with mixed peppers. or some courgette spaghetti! Nom nom nom!!
Love Roo xx
Must reads» Lemon and Chia Seed Muffins
» TRX – Train like a Navy Seal!
» Hairstyle of the day – Bandana & Messy Bun
» Peanut Flapjacks