When the night’s draw in early and it’s cold outside I am dying to eat hearty warming stews, here’s the latest paleo recipe for you to try; a nice and spicy sausage stew that takes about 40 minutes to cook, or it’s easily cooked in your slow cooker too, all you need to do is step 1 and then add everything to the crock pot in go. If you don’t want the spice then don’t add the chillies!
- 1/2 tbsp ghee or coconut oil
- 8 sausages
- 1 red onion
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 red pepper
- 1 green pepper
- 1 red chilli – diced and deseeded
- 1 green chilli – diced and deseeded
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tin of chopped tomato
- 1 pint of chicken stock
- spring onion
- Melt the ghee or oil and then fry the sausages until they’re browned on all sides
- Remove the sausages from the pan and put aside
- Fry the onion in the left over oil then add the garlic, peppers, chillies and spices and cook for about 10 minutes
- Then add the sausages back to the pan, and then add the chopped tomato, tomato puree and chicken stock
- Allow this is simmer away until the sauce has thickened and you’re happy that the sausages are cooked through – this should take around 20 minutes.
- Serve up with diced spring onion to garnish
I have this on it’s on, but if you wanted to add something else to it try serving on cauliflower rice or with quinoa.
Love Roo xx