Okey dokey, so January is the WORST month for me diet wise! I manage to make it through Christmas and then there are a ridiculous amount of birthdays in January that my month seems to be filled with birthday celebrations, a few naughty nibbles and lots of cake! So February is my get back to eating clean and healthy month, here is my first new recipe to kick off my healthy mission, and as always it’s dead simple to make!
- 1/2 red onion
- 1/2 cup ghee
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 chicken breasts
- First of all pre-heat your oven to 180 / 375.
- Chop your onion and place it in a baking dish
- Put the ghee in a saucepan and heat it up slowly
- Chop your garlic finely
- Once the ghee has melted add the garlic to the mix
- Then add the oregano and cumin seeds, and cook for around 5 – 7 minutes
- Place your chicken breasts on the bed of onion in the baking dish
- Pour the butter garlic and herb mixture over the chicken
- Cover with foil and cook in the oven for 25 minutes (remove the foil for the final 5 minutes)
- I served mine with some rocket, sweet potato mash, broccoli and carrots. But if you fancy something else you could always try using quinoa or cauliflower rice.
Love Roo xx
Recommended for you» Food Swap Outs
» Pre-Holiday Beauty Regime
» Paleo Sweet Potato & Carrot Fries
» 12 Days of Fitmas
» Paleo Coconut Cereal Mix