Easter is just around the corner and the last thing I want to do is be that boring person who says “No chocolate for me thanks, I’m on a diet”! I am not and never will be that person! A lot of people assume that because you’re fit and healthy that it means you are sacrificing the fun things like chocolate, POPPYCOCK! I’ll let you in on a secret; I don’t eat chocolate every day because it is a treat and I always want it to be a treat, secondly I make my chocolate and healthiness aside it’s great fun and seriously makes the chocolate all the more enjoyable! You can add whatever flavours you want 🙂 So firstly try making your own raw chocolate. And secondly if that’s not your thing, try out this amazing nutella recipe instead! Not only is it A-Mazing it’s also dairy free, vegan and paleo friendly. The only tricky part is getting the skins off the hazlenuts, other than that it’s a doddle – enjoy 🙂
- 50g oats
- 2 cups soaked hazelnuts
- ¼ cup raw cacao powder
- 2tbsp coconut oil
- ½ cup almond milk
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- Pinch of salt.
- Preheat oven to 190C
- Spread hazelnuts on sheet and cook until skins have darkened – 10/15 mins.
- Put nuts in a damp kitchen towel and rub the nuts until their skins come off
- Pop them in a blender and blend until they become a fine powder.
- At this point you should add the coconut oil, keep going until the mixture becomes smooth and creamy.
- Then gradually start adding in the remaining ingredients, blend, scrape down the sides, add some more and repeat until all is added and the mixture is smooth.
- Pop in to a jar and store in the fridge.
Love Roo xx
You might also like» Christmas Gift Ideas for a Food Lover
» Myth Buster – Muscle won’t turn into Fat or vice versa
» My Protein – Elle True Diet Protein Powder Review
» Pre-Holiday Beauty Regime