I always admit that I’m not completely paleo, I think there are so many shades of paleo and it’s a combination of eating raw and healthy and sometimes that means not cutting out certain ingredients, so check out this yummy healthy falafel recipe using chickpeas and red rice!
Falafel is a Middle Eastern food and is made of chickpeas. The brilliance is that you can add whatever spices and herbs you like to your chickpeas to make your falafel taste divine!
- 800g chickpeas, drained and patted dry
- 2 tbsp harissa powder
- Chopped coriander or 1 tbsp of dried coriander
- 1 cup of cooked red rice
- 1/4 cup coconut / almond flour
- 2 eggs
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- Blend the chickpeas
- Then add the harissa powder and coriander
- Then move to a bowl and stir in the red rice, then the eggs and finally the coconut flour
- Once the mixture is all combined I use an ice cream scoop to scoop out a bit of the mix and then roll it into a ball.
- Heat the coconut oil and fry on a medium heat and turn frequently to brown on all sides
- Serve on a bed of rocket with some greek yoghurt with a squeeze of lemon or lime juice!
Love Roo xx
Must reads» Sauteed Vegetable Dish
» Core Tabata
» Leg Tabata Workout
» My Protein Mocha Coconut Power Bliss Balls
» How To Make Your Hair Grow