So I’ve just come back from holiday and I haven’t been following my diet whilst I was away. I was on holiday after all and it was time for treat! And what’s really important to point out here is that I have been working out pretty much every day since January, so eating naughty foods for 2 weeks isn’t going to undo all of that hardwork, it will only undo it if I continue to eat like that when I get home! I very much live by the rule of work hard and play hard. So to get my butt in to gear and kick start my diet and fitness routine again I have made this really nice and juicy Ethiopian berbere spiced chicken with some cauliflower rice. I have also got a new obsession with green peppers so I am loading those in to everything I eat right now! Anyway, keep reading for the ingredients and how to pull this simple meal together. This recipe is all Paleo so is a really healthy meal. Enjoy!
- 1 tbsp Ethiopian Berbere Spice mix
- 2 tbsp melted ghee
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 red chilli
- 1 green pepper
- 1 head of cauliflower
- In a bowl melt the ghee and add in the berbere spice mix
- Chop the chicken in to chunks or strips and then add this to the mix making sure that it’s all completely covered
- Dice the red chilli in to small pieces and add to the chicken mix and stir well.
- Pop all of this mix into a frying and fry on a low heat for around 25 minutes
- Meanwhile, chop the cauliflower head and steam until tender
- Place in a mixer and blitz on a low speed and in pulses until it resembles a rice like texture
- Dice the green pepper and add raw to the rice and mix.
- Once the chicken is cooked through add this to the cauliflower and pepper rice mix and serve
Love Roo xx
You might also like» My Vitamins
» Pre-Holiday Beauty Regime
» Parma Ham Wrapped Chicken Stuffed with Jalapeno & Cilantro
» 5 Minute Tabata Workout
» Chicken & Black Bean Quinoa Enchilada Bake