The other day one I met with one of my most favourite people in the whole world and we had a little catch up and a jaunt around Birmingham’s vintage shops at Custard Factory and then ended up in the market near the Bullring. I was actually looking for a nice bandana but what I came across was MUCH more exciting than hair accessories! There was one stall solely dedicated to herbs and spices. I could have spent all of my money and all of my time at this stall!! In the end I settled on a few spice packets one of which was a Harissa spice mix (for those of you who don’t know what this is it’s crushed chili, cumin, coriander, mint, caraway and garlic – YUM!)
So after spending more money than I intended on spices I rushed home whilst stopping off to buy some chicken and yoghurt on the way and made a delicious tea for me and Roo boy!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp harissa
- 250g natural yoghurt
- 1 red, yellow and green pepper
- 1 sweet potato diced
- a few new potatoes diced
- chorizo (optional)
- coconut oil or ghee
- Mix the yoghurt and 1 tbsp harissa, dice the chicken up then mix this with the yoghurt and harissa and set aside to marinade whilst you prep the veg
- Dice and chop the peppers and potato.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees
- Heat a little coconut oil or ghee and fry the veg and sprinkle over the remaining tbsp harissa. Fry on a low heat for around 10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and place in a roasting pan, and then add the marinaded chicken and chorizo
- Roast for around 25 minutes until the chicken is cooked through
Love Roo xx
Must reads» Paleo Turkey Meatballs
» TomTom Jewellery
» The Early Bird Catches The Protein
» TRX Tabata Workout
» Victoria’s Secret Show in London 2014